Avocado Oil Mayo Recipe
Try this simple, and delicious fail-proof Avocado Oil Mayo Recipe. This is a must-try recipe for those into primal products. Whether you are participating in the Whole30 challenge, following the Paleo diet, or just trying to make a simple homemade mayonnaise recipe, you will love the texture, taste and fact that this is a non GMO mayonnaise.
Finding paleo friendly, Whole30 compliant mayo can be a daunting task. If you aren’t concerned with making your own avocado oil mayo, or searching for something to carry with you on your travels, I recommend this one, by Primal Kitchen.
I am currently following the Whole30 eating plan, and I discovered this avocado oil mayo recipe after a few attempts at recreating existing mayo recipes. I discovered that this the combination of ingredients in this recipe actually tastes better than store-bought brands.
DISCLAIMER: **Before you begin this recipe, it is important that you have an immersion blender, otherwise your avocado oil mayo is going to be very runny!!! They are SO worth the investment, especially if you plan to continue making your own sauces/dressings at home.
The only ingredients you will need for this Avocado oil mayo are:
- An Immersion Blender (or a food processor, but I definitely prefer the immersion blender if you want a thick mayonnaise!–Here’s one that is pretty inexpensive and has been an awesome kitchen tool)
- 1 cup of Avocado oil (I recommend this brand— normally only found in health food stores or you can order online)
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt (but any salt will do)
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice (about half a lemon)
- A medium egg (buy range free if you’re really into primal products like I am :)–make sure it is room temperature!
- 1/2 tsp Ground Mustard
Now it’s time to begin making the avocado oil mayo recipe! You’ll mix together the salt, lemon juice (these nifty gadgets are awesome) , egg, ground mustard and just 1/4 cup of avocado oil (*this is a very important step). With your immersion blender at the very bottom of the bowl/jar, begin your mixing. Once the avocado oil mayo starts to thicken (about 30 second-1 minute) , it’s time to slowly stream in the rest of your oil (in one application). The mayo should be very thick after this step! If it is too thick or you are using this recipe to make a dressing, you can add a tablespoon of water to your avocado oil mayo recipe!
The avocado oil mayo can be kept in the fridge for up to 3 days.