- 2 Cups warm Water (110*F-120*F)
- 1 Packet Rapid Rise Instant Yeast
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 4-6 Cups Wheat Flour
- 1/2 Cup Canola Oil
- Optional: 1 Tsp butter for top of loaves
- Add molasses to the warm water and stir with a spoon. Sprinkle yeast on top and let sit for 5-10 minutes
In mixing bowl, add oil to 2 cups wheat flour. Mix in flax seed/meal (optional) & Knead for about 30 seconds to create air pockets
- Slowly add remaining flour (1/2 Cup at a time) and knead for about 10 seconds between each addition
- Knead dough for 7-10 minutes on medium/high speed
- Spray olive oil in bowl (or apply if you don’t have the spray) and form a ball with the dough. Roll the dough around in the olive oil then cover with plastic wrap. Let sit for an hour and a half
- Turn bowl over on silicone rubber baking mat (or floured parchment paper) and punch down. Flatten out to make a rectangular shape.
- SPRAY LOAF PANS WITH OLIVE OIL AND cut dough in HALF. FORM LOAVES WITH EACH HALF BY ROLLING. COVER WITH PLASTIC WRAP, PREHEAT OVEN TO 400*F, AND LET DOUGH SIT FOR ABOUT 45 MINUTES. IT SHOULD BE ABOUT AN INCH ABOVE THE SIDE OF THE LOAF PAN BEFORE YOU POP IT IN THE OVEN.
- Bake at 400*F for 10 minutes, then reduce heat to 350*F but don’t take the bread out. You’ll bake it at 350*F for about 20 minutes.
- immediately dump bread onto cooling rack and rub top of loaves with butter (it’s prettiest when you cut it with a bread knife)